Sunday, March 6, 2011

Post 203: Getting Started

Step 1: Removing the 50 year old shag carpet!

This weekend was quite the busy one. Despite Luke’s 3am cry fest, the rain and strong desire to sleep in the husband and I got an early start. We managed to visit every home store within a 20 mile radius with at least 5 trips home in between for diapers, formula, baby naps and whatever else I forgot that the boy needed. (We are true rookies here) Not only are we rookies, but we are apparently not the smartest folks. After loading up our truck, in torrential downpour, with 25 boxes of wood flooring, we realized that 15 of the boxes were the wrong color….So we unloaded them. In the rain. I was soaked. My socks were squishy. My mascara was running. It didn’t slow me down, too much. By the end of the day we had a garage full wood flooring, a beautiful rug and other necessary supplies. It may have taken us 12 hours to get there but we did it.

Gus was NOT happy to see the carpet go...




No comments:

Post a Comment