Monday, February 22, 2010

Post 155: Chickens

I started reading up on raising chickens this weekend. I think my husband thinks I am crazy but I am working on pulling it together. Now if I could only get him excited about helping me build a chicken coop! I am learning that there are so many options on what kinds of chickens to get. And I feel like it may take me some time to pull this together but I am excited either way. Have any of you raised chickens before? I am not looking to eat the actual chickens....just the eggs. I will only start with a few to see if I enjoy it or get the hang of it. Do you have any suggestions, tips, or recommendations?

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Does your possible new home have that tin building behind it?? I have wanted that and pictured it as a
    potting shed..

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine raised chickens, those were the best eggs I've ever had. The chickens were allowed to roam the property and eats bugs and worms (and on a site note, her lawn looked amazing from all of the chicken poo fertilizer). The problem with that though is the predators. Coyotes, owls, hawks, you name it.

    ReplyDelete