Monday, August 17, 2009

Post 66: Fantastic Weekend

I had an absolutely fantastic weekend! On Friday I went to a free (yes FREE) outdoor concert at the museum and listened to a wonderful blues/rock band from Detroit. It was a quite museum crowd but the music def wast quite...or museum like. I would say it was Allman Brothers meets ZZ Top so my husband was in heaven I only regret that I forgot my camera. The weather was splendid and the view of the sunset was spectacular.
Theeeen on Saturday we went to Springfield for the Illinois State Fair (my first) :).



I wish I could have gotten a better picture but i loved the look of this "ride" and it's bright colors against the sky :) I also thought these chairs were fantastic...

All of the fair buildings were old and beautiful. I wish I could have taken the time to get pictures of everything but I was with two men in search of farm equipment. haha. Buut I did get to see my first horse race...

We were on the wrong side but the workers told us we could go stand on the track and watch...so we did...it is nerdy but it made me happy.

All in all it was an absolutely fantastic weekend so I had to share :D.

4 comments:

  1. I almost have vertigo looking at the top pic- how cool an angle. Love the stadium chairs too..
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, I am SO jealous! I have been dying to get to Springfield for years (I have a thing for Abe Lincoln, lol). We were supposed to go this summer but it just didn't work out. I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are fantastic! That first pic of the lift has the most beautiful saturated color. I'm glad to hear you had such a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I love all the pictures, they give off a very bright, colorful, exuberance! It's easy to feel the fun and excitement of the fair!

    Also, really adore that first dress you made!

    xoxoxo
    damonique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete