Friday, May 6, 2011

Post 216: Flashback Friday!

My family is the outdoorsy, nature & animal loving type. And this would have to be one of the more interesting things I have seen. It was Memorial Day weekend '08 and my cousin, Ryan, shows up on a wave runner with a fawn....A baby deer. On a wave runner. Nuts!
Ryan found him with two injured legs stuck in some rocks in the lake. It looked as though he had fallen from a drop off. Ryan and his momma were on it immediately. They bandaged up the little guy and contacted a wildlife rehab.
(Seeing this picture now makes me giggle. I remember, when the cousin was younger, him and my little sister would bandage up stuffed animals in the same way with toilet paper and popsicle sticks.)

It was pretty amazing to see the little fawn get so comfortable with people. (And to see the cousin so comfortable with the wild animal)

After bandaging the fawn up and making a couple of phone calls they jumped in the car and took him to a wildlife rehabilitation center. It still seems a bit unbelievable to me. I am glad I was able to get a few pictures :D

No comments:

Post a Comment