My name is Mandi and I am addicted to sweet potato fries. I can not seem to get enough! Which is absolutely terrible when I'm still trying to shed some baby pounds. (Yes, sweet potatoes are better for you, and these are baked but at the quantity at which I eat them, it completely negates that fact.)
(Yesterday's dinner: Bacon turkey burger on wheat and sweet potato fries. Nom Nom Nom)
The best part, besides being so delicious, is that they are SO easy to make. I am not much for sharing recipes. I guess at everything and I'm not much of a cook... but I think everyone should be partaking in these. They are the perfect mix of salty and sweet!
3-4 Sweet Potatoes
1 tbl spoon Olive Oil
Salt to taste
Cajun seasoning to taste (or any other seasoning you like)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Peel and cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch strips, you can also do little cubes if that's more your style.
3. Drizzle them with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and seasoning and mix so everything gets a good coat. Lay them out on a single layer on a cookie sheet. (I also shoot some Pam on the cookie sheet to ensure they don't stick)
4. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until potatoes start to turn a nice golden brown.
5. Eat! (I recommend dipping in BBQ or ketchup)
The awesome thing about this is you can change up the flavor a bit. Next time I think I will substitute the Cajun seasoning for some Old Bay. Yum-o.