Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Post 236: Around Town

I have to admit I am quite the home body/recluse/hermet or what you will. I can go weeks without leaving the house (except for the occasional grocery run). But, now that I have a baby I feel the need to get out more. To socialize him...you know...like you do with pets so they dont act crazy every time the wind blows...ha. Plus he LOVES seeing new people.So lately I have been making an effort to see the sights and do things around this town. I have lived here for nearly 5 years and I am just starting to introduce myself to the community. Lame right? A couple weekends ago we hit up the Moss Avenue Sale. Which, I thought was just going to be a normal neighborhood garage sale (locals would say I'm clueless).
It ended up being quite nice. A lot of antiques, neat sights, and food vendors in a historic part of town. The homes were beautiful. Too bad I can't say the same for my photography skills.
The antiques were fun to look at (and dream about owning). We ended up talking to a guy who used to be a part of the Blues Society. (The Husband is a HUGE Blues Buff/Fan) We even picked up a few throw back posters for a dollar a piece. Not to shabby.

We didnt go home with much because we were not quite prepared. But believe me, I will be there next year!

1 comment:

  1. How fun!! Looks like heaven for a garage sale junky like me - especially when you add street vendors to the mix... yum!

    ReplyDelete