Friday, July 17, 2009

Post 50: ...just because...

My back yard is being taken over by Japanese beetles...
(pic from flickr)

So when my husband and I got back from our 4th of July vacation our back deck was covered in black stuff and I had assumed it was from neighborhood kids' fireworks or someone was burning brush and it was just some for of soot that floated our way....I cleaned it up and didn't think twice....Wellllll last night I decided to sit on the deck and watercolor. I noticed the same black stuff...then i noticed it was falling from the tree above me...i look up and hollllly cow.
There was a bazillion beetles eating the leaves off of my tree....It creeped me out to much to take a picture so I just went inside ugh! How gross....i was being showered in beetle poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment