So, I finally completed my baby sister's Halloween/dress up costume (first mentioned here)! I am fairly pleased with the way it came out for not having a pattern or a whole lot of experience making clothes in general. To be honest, the most intimidating part of this was making sleeves...but I did it! (sorry for the fairly poor pictures) I could have spent more time getting it perfect but I have to remind myself it is for a messy 4 year old and probably won't last too long no matter how much time i spend on it! She loooves to play dress up aaaand she is quite the girly tomboy. I am sure it will see some rolling in the dirt and getting snagged on swing sets soon enough...
Hehe, i just had to add the tulle (above) to give it a touch of princess! As well as the ruffles around the cape! (below)
And the material is so soft and silky, not stiff and scratchy like most Halloween costumes!
Thanks for looking. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that it fits her and that she loves it as much as I do!